Cap Juluca – Anguilla, Caribbean
Cap Juluca, a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is an idyllic luxury beachfront retreat.
This glamorous luxury resort is considered to have one of the best beaches in the Caribbean and is also known as a great spot for romantic adventures. Located along the intimate crescent of Maundays Bay on the exclusive island of Anguilla, Cap Juluca is a recently re-envisioned 179-acre haven where sand, wind and water blend seamlessly with world-class dining, exceptional outdoor activities, high-end accommodations, amenities and outstanding guest services delivered by the friendliest people of the Caribbean.
The resort, featuring Greco-Moorish architecture, has recently received several millions of dollars’ worth of refreshment and rejuvenation including the reconstruction of the Main House social hub, the addition of 60,000 new flowering plants, modernization of back-of-the-house functions and changes and revitalization to its four dining venues and luxurious guest accommodations.
Every one of the resort’s 15 villas housing 70 guestrooms is oceanfront allowing guests to feel gentle Caribbean breezes blowing across their private covered terrace into their luxurious guestroom through louvered plantation shutters. Guestrooms have recently been revitalized with new furnishings, fabrics and high-end linens. Cool, white ceramic floors play off the powder soft, white sand beach just beyond the terrace. Accommodations include choice of: Oceanfront Superior Room, Oceanfront Luxury Room, Oceanfront Premium Room, Oceanfront Junior Suite, Oceanfront One or Two Bedroom Suite, Oceanfront Private Pool Suite or Oceanfront Private Pool Villa.
Cap Juluca’s world-class dining takes place in oceanfront settings where internationally inspired fare is blended with the flavors of the island. The cuisine is enhanced by a garden-to-table approach highlighted by the use of resort-grown herbs and spices.
Oceanfront Private Pool Villa
Oceanfront Private Pool Suite
Oceanfront One or Two Bedroom Suite
Oceanfront Junior Suite
Oceanfront Premium Room
Oceanfront Luxury Room
Oceanfront Superior Room
AMENITIES & SERVICES
Guestroom amenities include:
• Complimentary continental breakfast in Blue restaurant
• Complimentary morning coffee in Maundays
• Complimentary afternoon tea service in Maundays
• Sony Bravia 40” LCD Flat panel TV with cable
• Sony CD/DVD player
• Bose Wave Music System with iPod docking stations
• Complimentary wireless internet
• Frette linens
• BVLGARI bath amenities
• Private ocean view terraces
• Two bathrobes
• Air conditioning
• Ceiling fan
• Marble bathroom
• Separate shower
• Room service available from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Mini-bar/refrigerator stocked with a wide array of beverages and gourmet snacks, including complimentary Fiji water, which is replenished throughout entire stay.
Cap Juluca features extras to ensure each guest experience is totally relaxing, comfortable and fulfilling. These services and amenities include:
• Solar-powered golf carts for on-property transportation
• Two retail boutiques on-property: Cap J sells casual clothing, sundries, gifts, local art work, souvenirs and snacks and drinks, and Zemi is a luxury designer fashion and jewelry boutique for women and men
• Seasonally offered activity program for children
• Picnic lunches may be arranged
• Rental cars and jeeps available
• The Library in the Main House has 2,000 book selections
• Complete selection of DVDs is available
• Worldwide newspaper selection
• Private screening room
• Ferry service from Anguilla to Marigot in St. Maarten
• Business services
• Laundry and dry cleaning services
Touted as having one of the best beaches in the Caribbean, Cap Juluca is ideally situated to offer a varied menu of watersports options as well as other extraordinary outdoor pursuits. Director of Activities Cardigan Connor, former English first-class cricketer and native Anguillan, is highly credentialed to oversee the resort’s sports, fitness and recreational programs.
Beach services and amenities are the pride of the resort’s famous white-sand, turquoise water beach. These include: custom-designed chaise lounges with extra-large umbrellas; chaise-side beverage and meal service; complimentary chilled towels and sorbet; complimentary ice cold bottled water; and five cabana bars along the beach. Beach fitness classes are also offered.
Complimentary water sports include: swimming in the Caribbean or in the 1,800-square-foot pool, scuba diving excursions, water skiing on Maundays Bay, wake boarding, sea kayaking, windsurfing, paddle boarding, Sunfish and Hobie Cat catamaran sailing. Access to a 32-foot boat for snorkeling, sunset and island cruises and private boat excursions may be arranged.
Guests are welcome at the nearby championship 7,063-yard Greg Norman-designed golf course. The resort’s Tennis Centre offers weekly tennis clinics and has a tennis pro and pro shop. In the Wellness Centre, there’s a well-equipped cardio fitness room, weight room and private personal training opportunities. Also, guests may take bocce, croquet, yoga, cardio sculpting, Pilates and Caribbean dance lessons. In addition, there is an herb garden walking trail, a 2.6-mile jogging loop along Maundays Bay and Cove Bay Beaches and bike rentals. Horseback riding may be arranged and bicycle tours of Anguilla are available.
Spa treatments by the resort’s professional staff to be enjoyed in guest rooms and villas or on the beach, including Swedish and sports massages and foot reflexology.
WEDDINGS, EVENTS & MEETINGS
If romance were a destination, it would look very similar to Cap Juluca – an intimate bay of crystal water, sparkling beaches, a tropical garden bursting with color – all conducive to the perfect setting for a wedding and/or honeymoon. The resort offers four wedding packages: The Cap Juluca Wedding; Maundays Bay Matrimony; Barefoot Beach Bliss; and Renew, Rekindle and Reconnect.
These excursions can be arranged:
• History and culture of Anguilla talks
• Day trips to St. Maarten, Nevis and St. Barts
• Special tours: Museum Tour, Salt Water Pond Tour, Caves & Trail Tour, Art Galleries Tour, Guided Island Bike Tour
Anguilla-Clayton Lloyd International Airport (AXA)
November through April
Commercial airlines fly direct to St. Maarten with a short boat ride to Anguilla (30-40 minutes).
Air charter service is available from Anguilla Air Express and Trans Anguilla Airways.