J Plus Hotel by YOO
J Plus Hotel by YOO, Hong Kong’s first boutique hotel, continues its multi award winning formula as a chic home away from home for the fashionable travelling crowd in buzzing Causeway Bay. Originally designed by celebrated designer Philippe Starck, it celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2014 with a brand new image and dynamic revitalisation by his protégés at world renowned YOO Hotels.
With 32 luxurious studios and 24 stylish, spacious suites, the hotel was voted best boutique hotel in Asia by Conde Nast Traveller and ranked among top five boutique hotels in Greater China by The Independent in London. In both 2012 and 2013, users of travel website TripAdvisor voted it one of the trendiest hotels in Hong Kong and China. The hotel also earned TripAdvisor’s coveted ‘Certificate of Excellence’ (2011 – 2016) award for establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on the TripAdvisor website. In 2015, the hotel is awarded “Golden Circle Award” by Agoda.com which recognises hotels that work closely with Agoda.com to go above and beyond the standard internet offerings. The hotel is also rewarded for the third consecutive years since 2014 as Smart Travel Asia ‘Top 10 Boutique Hotel’ and ranked the 3rd in Asia in 2016.
J Plus Hotel by YOO
J Plus Hotel by YOO – Inspired By StarckThe Name, The Concept On its 10th anniversary in 2014, the former J Plus Boutique Hotel was rebranded as J Plus Hotel by YOO following a dramatic, dynamic new HK$10 million makeover for the iconic fashionista address in Causeway Bay by protégés of original designer Philippe Starck at world renowned design house YOO Hotels.
Add: 1-5 Irving Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3196 9000
Fax: (852) 3196 9001
Opened on 6 March, 2004 as JIA Boutique Hotel
Rebranded as J Plus Hotel by YOO on May 22, 2014
Mark Davison, YOO Studio Head of Design and
Gustav Szabo, Senior Designer, YOO Studio (www.yoo.com/designers/yoo-studio/)
Graffiti4hire, United Kingdom (www.graffiti4hire.com) –Retrospectively added architectural detailing to a structure previously devoid of external features, resulting in architectural heritage where none previously existed. The artist also crafted a playful Renaissance style woman portrait featured on the giant entrance panel.
Chinese urban contemporary artist Fansack –Crafted two stunning murals displaying on the exterior of the hotel at Chill@JPlushk, aptly named “Hong Kong Dream” and “Wisdom Tree”.
Number of Floors : 25
Number of Rooms
56 chic hotel rooms in 4 categories
– Studio & Studio Plus – 32 (380sqft)
– Suite & Suites Plus – 24 (780sqft)
Check-in / Check-out Time
2:00 p.m. / 12 noon
Car parking nearby
Hong Kong International Airport (40 mins)
Airport Express Hong Kong Station (15 mins)
Causeway Bay MTR (5 mins)
Studio (380 sqft), One-bedroom Suites (780 sqft) featuring furnishings inspired by Philippe Starck with fully equipped kitchen and marble bathroom.
All rooms are smoke-free and equipped with the followings:
- Flat screen swivel television with cable and satellite
- Ipod dock
- State-of-the-art home theatre unit, free DVD library with the latest release movies available for guests
- State-of-the-art audio and visual music system with surround sound
- Kitchen appliances including refrigerator, electric stove and microwave
- Cookware and diningware
- Full mini bar, including exclusively available Joiy Sparkling Riesling from New Zealand
- In room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- IDD telephone
- Air-conditioning and climate control
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Goose-down duvets and luxury linen
- Luxury marble bathroom and kitchen
- Valet laundry & dry cleaning services
- Highly personalised room service allows guests to enjoy local delicacies from nearby restaurants in the comfort and privacy of their room.
Complimentary amenities are listed below:
- Daily continental breakfast, afternoon cakes, and evening wine served at Lobby
- 24-hour coffee, tea, water, juices, and soft drinks in Lobby
- Complimentary high speed broadband and WIFI throughout the hotel
- Local phone calls
- Free use of HANDY smartphone device as your personal Hong Kong mobile when staying at J Plus. By which, unlimited IDD for assigned countries, local calls, unlimited 3G data connectivity, WIFI hotspot, and electronic travel guide and discounts
- Use of Hotel’s DVD/CD library
- Use of self-laundry facilities
- “Noble Isle” bathroom amenities
- Use of Fit@JPlushk
- Tang Tang Tang Tang in-room shopping experience
- Special Access to the hottest member clubs
Services and Facilities
24/7@JPlushk (G/F) – Ambassador not only for the hotel but for the city of Hong Kong, offering personalised concierge services such as booking, ticketing and anything at your service.
Art@JPlushk (G/F) – The launchpad and home to a series of pop-up art exhibitions
Indulge@JPlushk (G/F) – Complimentarydailycontinental breakfast, afternooncakes and evening wine, served in the Lobby for all in-house guests. Coffee, tea, water and juices are also served 24 hours a day.
Connect@JPlushk (G/F) – Flat-screen TVs, state of the art audio-visual systems, telephone and high speed broadband connectingour guests to anywhere in the world;
Chill@JPlushk(2/F) – A smoker friendly open-air terrace for socialising, with an exclusiveal fresco outlook overbustling Causeway Bay;
Fresh@JPlushk (2/F) – Complimentary laundry for guests to use is another unique facility;
Space@JPlushk (24/F) – Located on the top floor with 700 sq. ft., an ideal space for meetings, events or gatherings, fully equipped with flat-screen TV, DVD Player, iPod Dock, telephone and broadband connectivity with full functioning kitchen and eating area;
Fit@JPlushk(24/F) – Gym with state-of-art fitness facilities
– The Independent (UK), voted among topboutiquehotels in China (2006)
– World Travel Awards, HKTop BoutiqueHotel (2007)
– Best Design Boutique Hotel in China, Starlight Award (2007)
– International Restaurant and Hotel Awards, Best Design &Citywide/Regional Awards nomination (2008)
– Fodor’s 100 Hotel Awards for Design (2011)
– TripAdvisorReaders Award among trendiest hotels in Hong Kong/ China (2012 and 2013)
– World Luxury Hotel Award Country Winners – Luxury Design Hotel (Hong Kong) (2014)
– Smart Travel Asia ‘Top 10 Boutique Hotel’ (2014 – 2016)
– TripAdvisor – Hall of Fame (2015)
– Hotel Elite (China) ‘Hong Kong Hotels Best+ : Traveler’s Home’ (2015)
– Agoda.com – “Gold Circle Award” (2015)
– Booking.com – “Guest Review Award” (2015)
– TripAdvisor – ‘Certificate of Excellence’ (2011 – 2016)
Best available room rates can be found on the J Plus Hotel by YOO website www.jplushongkong.com. All rates are subject to 10% service charge.
Room rates can fluctuate according to season. For enquiries and to book direct at the best rate available for any given day please call (852) 3196-9000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.jplushongkong.com.
Visa, Master and American Express
For more information, please visit www.jplushongkong.com.
Like and connect with us on: